Novocure Study Meets Primary Endpoint; Treatment Shows Improvement Over Standard Therapies
Global oncology company, Novocure (NASDAQ: NVCR) has demonstrated statistically significant and clinically meaningful improvement in overall survival of patients over standard therapies alone in its Phase 3 LUNAR study.
The study is evaluating the safety and efficacy of Tumor Treating Fields (TTFields) together with standard therapies for stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Novocure successfully demonstrated a statistically significant and clinically meaningful improvement in overall survival when patients were treated with:
- TTFields and immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICI), as compared to those treated with immune checkpoint inhibitors alone;
- And a positive trend in overall survival when patients were treated with TTFields and docetaxel versus docetaxel alone.
- TTFields therapy was well tolerated by patients.
- Novocure expects to file a Premarket Approval application with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the second half of 2023
Approximately 46,000 patients receive second-line treatment for stage 4 NSCLC each year in the United States.